Friday, August 2, 2013

6:30 on a Friday night..... don't Doctors go home for the weekend?

I thought it was over for the weekend.  Calls from doctors that is.  I'm not used to seeing the phone ring from NMCP and it not be 953-0000.  A new 953 number showed up at 6:30PM after Jon and his mom left to take care of some last minute things at the Portsmouth house and the kids ran out the door to the playground.  Dr. Fox the urologist who we were supposed to meet with on the 12th called to get Ella in for an MRI first thing Monday morning.  (first thing is apparently 8am by the way. really?  8am is first thing in the military? )  She needs blood work, and probably an IV.  Ugh.  We never should have told her she wasn't going to get those again unless / when she had surgery.

Anyway, in "reconstructing" some images on the last CT the new images are making them wonder if what they are seeing is more the adrenal gland.  Tumor was mentioned again and also that there are many kinds of tumors, not all of which are terrible.  Not that that is what they saw, but a possibility and of course she mentioned that "when we see calcifications people automaticly think "tumor" but that isn't always the case."  She did ask how Ella was feeling, if she had headaches, or nausea, or any other symptoms and the fact that she doesn't is very good.

I'm overwhelmed.

I don't mean this blog entry to sound like I'm whining.  I'm SO grateful for the care we are getting and that this Dr. called me at 6:30 on a Friday night.  Surely she wants to call parents with kids who have scary things growing in them and talk to them first thing before she starts her weekend.   I just don't want anything worse and I don't know if this could be worse than what they were thinking before and I don't want to google it because we all know what happens when you google medical issues, you ONLY get worst case scenarios.  Maybe I can have the baby Saturday or Sunday night and we can just all be at the hospital on Monday morning at what I consider "first thing" anyway.


 


1 comment:

Janie Crouch said...

Emily, our prayers are with you and your beautiful daughter. May the Lord comfort you in the way only he can, this weekend while you are waiting. We pray for good news on Monday.