My awesome friend Cara flew down to P-town only to turn around the next day and drive to Ohio with me, the two kids and the dog. She was a great help! We've been invading Cara's parent's home (they live next door to Cara) during our time in Salem. They have a full apartment in their basement that they have let us use. Not to mention rein of the playground out back.
During our stay in Salem I got to spend time with my dad and his new wife Mimi whom I'm very excited over. She seems to be a great fit for my dad. We went to the zoo with my step dad Jim and Maureen, an Amish town festival with my dad, spent an awesome 4th of July hanging out with my Aunt Debbie, Uncle Dave and cool cousins at the Salem Country Club and an awesome 3rd of July hanging out at Waterworth Park for Salem fireworks with them as well. Truly spent the holiday in our family's traditional style only minus a few people (my mom). I also got to meet up with an old friend from college who I had not seen in 7 years, a best friend from elementary school who I had not seen in at least 15 years, and of course a couple of other friends who I try to see every time I get up here (Rachel and Rashelle) but don't necessarily get to, and meet Rachel's 3rd baby for the first time at a mere 4 weeks old! It's been an event filled week! Tomorrow we head to my sister's and Ella is going to do VBS all week for the first time! As well as a visit with my great friend Jenny from 2nd grade and a trip to Cincinnati for the Dayton air show and a visit with Cessy!

No comments:
Post a Comment