In the photo above are all the cousins on the Kalbach side of the family minus Mason. Top from left, cousins: Betina (4), Jake (4), Ella (3), Brody (2), Rudy (19.5 mo), Ava (4), Braxton (almost 1.5), Alessandro (11 mo.) First off, the kids and myself are in California right now and have been here for just about two weeks. Mary Ann (my AWESOME mother-in-law) came to VA for two weeks while I finished up my Anatomy and Physiology II class and traveled with me out here. It has been busy and relaxing all at the same time.
While we were all in VA Jon's grandpa Jim's health took a sharp turn downhill and quickly after we arrived in CA he passed away. It was quick and peaceful. A journey to be with our Lord that he was very ready for. Jim Ledgerwood lived 94 amazing years. 67 of those married to his beloved Rita. He molded 4 children and 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren during his life. He was an amazing man whose legacy will live forever. He and Jon were such good buddies it has been very difficult for Jon to not be here with his family during this time.Both of Jon's grandfathers are a binding reason why Jon is living his life dream as a pilot and doing what he loves. He has been sad but has been very thankful to have talked with his grandparents many times via webcam while he was in Bahrain this deployment. Technology sure is a wonderful thing.
Like I said we are in CA for about 3 weeks total. It has been great to be here and spend time with Grandma and Papa Dave, Aunt Jenny, Uncle Tim and loads of cousins while watching Ella and Rudy play and get to know everyone again. We were able to celebrate the birthdays of Ava and Betina and Brody who are just a few of our cousin's kids here! Such a special time for us to be able to celebrate with the families. Not something we ever get to take part in being so far away so it was really neat for me. Exhausting too but nonetheless I loved it. We also celebrated my 31st birthday for which I was given a wonderful princess party! Ella picked it of course!
Being here has made the deployment time tick faster. We have a mere 69 days (or so) to go! I plan to head home sometime next week and at the end of June/ beginning of July head to Ohio with the kids and dog for 3 weeks or so. By the time I get home Jon will be about 1 week away from returning! It's hard to believe, the time has gone fast yet slow. When he left it was still winter and when he returns the summer heat will be in full bloom!
Rudy who was barely saying "dada" when Jon left is now saying just about anything you ask him to and spouting out things on his own as well. He amazes me everyday and growing like a weed . Ella too, only Ella is spouting out ideas and exposing her intricate imagination. She is just a sweet and good child. She certainly has her moments (try cutting her toenails....yikes! I have to remember to shut the windows when I do that) Ella is very independent and is willing to do everything on her own. It is sweet that she wants to, sad when she tries and can't, and exciting when she does what she needs to do the way it needs to be done and eliminates work from my hands and allows me freedoms. Ahhh......
Anyone interested in a road trip to Ohio? Seriously.........I'm desperately looking for some help on the drive..........not so much the driving part, but the logistical parts including potty breaks with two kids and dog...... guess maybe I'll need two takers for the to and fro trips. Anybody interested in volunteering before I call you and start to beg?

No comments:
Post a Comment