UGH.
There are three things about my house that I really dislike and they are all things that I personally can not change without lots of help. #1 the attic..... I HATE going up there. It's HUGE and DIRTY and in the summer there are these tiny, tiny, little spiders everywhere. If you know me, you know how I feel about spiders. #2, the basement, ditto the attic, plus the fact that it is dark and it is only about 1/4 the size of the house, the other 3/4 is crawl space that is dark and dirty etc. It also has a mucky sump pump pit that has DARK water..... I do not do dark water just as I do not do spiders which makes the basement I guess twice as bad as the attic. #3, the English Ivy growing all around our house. Again, everyone knows why you don't walk in ivy, spiders and snakes! Everyone also knows that you can't kill ivy. (Watch me)
So in the past week I decided to get everything in and out of the attic and basement that I am going to need between now and the time Jon gets home. I have a hard time carrying stuff up the drop down staircase into and out of the attic so when I go up there I have to "mingle" and dig in the boxes and throw down what I want and take things up one by one. The stairs are awkward for one and also I fear falling down and hurting myself severely while home alone with the kids. While up there the other day I noticed a board in ceiling of the attic (aka the ROOF) that was darker than the rest of the wood..... perhaps wet? Moisture in the wood of the roof...... not good.
So the basement...... good news is the sump pump works. Bad news is, it's just wet down there. Wet as all wet! The water is just seeping in from God knows where........ it's creeping, finding it's way via the random cracks and crevices that a house 97 years old has......
GOSH DARN FRIGGIN CRACKS........ and the GOSH DARN IVY!

No comments:
Post a Comment