It has been another wonderful year. I have done a lot of reflecting this year and soaking in how wonderful our family and our life is.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Turning the corner on another year!
Mason David Brown turns 1 today! One year ago today I remember sitting in the parking lot at Michael's, Ella in the back seat, while on the phone with my brother-in-law Tim as Jenny was in labor with Mason. I hung up and called Jon in Bahrain to spread the news. The next day I learned of the birth of Wesley Green to our friends Adam and Meredith who are currently station in Japan. Wesley came 10 min after his dad made it into the delivery room, barely making it after only flying off the ship that day. I cried when I read her email with the news, called her that night before I went to bed searching for hope from another person to say "this won't happen to you, Jon will be there." She told me that laboring with out Adam wasn't as bad as she thought it would have been and that she was surprised........ In two weeks on October 4th Rudy will be one and my mom will have been gone for 9 years. The events of those two days forever burned in my heart and in my mind. Some moments which are blurs some so vivid I still feel them. Two of the most important moments in a person's life, the moment arriving into the world and the moment they depart. I feel so lucky to have my Rudy born on the date my mom departed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment