Summer came quickly and it seems to be ending even faster. All of our summer plans came and wemt, with one final trip planned for Labor Day weekend to Ohio. Thinking back, last Summer seemed to have lasted for an eternity. Perhaps because it was tough all alone, pregnant and babysitting 4-5 kids everyday. It was fun but this summer was better with Rudy here and Jon home our family was complete.
Last month we took a family trip to Annapolis for my Cousin Kellie's wedding. Ella was the flower girl with two of my nephews who were flower boys! They were adorable of course and the wedding was AMAZING! We hung out in Annapolis and took a day trip down to DC with my sister and her family. We had a lot of fun!
We most recently returned from a trip to Cali. We surprised Jon's mom for her birthday and retirement. She has been counting the weeks for the last year and her time is finally up! She had no idea we were coming. Rudy and I arrived first as we had a tough time getting there on standby. Jon came with Ella two days after I arrived. I was rushed on the plane and feared saying goodbye to Ella as I anticipated her crying when I left her. I realized once I had gotten on that it would be my first full night away from her as the only other time I left her was sleeping 6 or so blocks away from her in the hospital the day I gave birth to Rudy. I guess I reached a new milestone. I have yet to leave the Ru Dude though, and there is no desire to either. Like I said Jon's mom was surprised and we all enjoyed hanging out and
doing a whole lot of not much! Rudy and Mason both got their hair cut for the first time on Grandma's deck. Jon did the honors. Poor Rudy was boarder line skater boy with the mop he had going on. Jenny got Mason's cut before it was too out of control. They both look adorable!
Ella enjoyed Grandma time, baking cup cakes, picking plumbs and playing monster. We got to visit with Jon's good friend Justin and finally meet his lady who we all fell in love with!
We visited with our Cousin Allison, Aunt Gene, and Allison's twin girls and met the newest baby born into the family, Baby Alex. Alex Curletto is Ella's 2nd cousin and also her 2nd cousin named Alex! (Alex is short for Alessandro)
We also had a wonderful visit with Jon's Grandpa Jim and Grandma Rita. They were elated to share the time with Ella and Rudy as we were to see them.
Coming home is always bitter sweet. Back to our routine via red eye is never easy. We made it though and had a great time!
Our next big adventures involve installing a new hot water heater, exterminating bugs and having a termite treatment, and getting a new coffee pot.......
I almost forgot I have big news as I am headed back to school - today infact! I bought new school supplies and everything! It is only one class but it is a start. I am going back to become an RN. This semester I am only taking Anatomy and Physiology I which will require me two days a week to leave the house BY MYSELF! I'm sort of bummed that I only have 1 class but I can't really move forward with the Nursing program it's self until we get to our new duty station. So between now and then I can / should be able to easily get prereqs for the program out of the way. (I only need 2 or 3 as the rest of my classes from my Health Ed. degree work for the rest) I am SUPER excited to have something for me!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment