Friday, February 20, 2015

Leaning forward into adventure.

I wasn't sure if today would ever arrive, and who knows where today will end. ....we have had plans all week but this darn weather has mutilated them.

Yesterday as I was driving past Mt. Trashmore covered in ice and snow the sun was setting behind it.  It was a breathtaking sight for a hill made of garbage.  It brought back memories of  my first venture into the world on my own ...... The feelings of leaving....... We will see Mt. Trashmore again.  We will see you too.

We are destined for Atlanta today.  Jon is anyway.  I'm destined for anywhere our water pump isn't going to freeze and we can hook up to city water for easy showers.  That said......

This weather has been rough.  Jon of course missed it by getting stuck on the ship.  He did CQ though and finished up his last flight typical C-2 fashion- broken plane.  (Lucky for us it was fixable, otherwise he'd still be out. ) We spent several days with frozen fresh water tank, water pump, and I suppose pipes.  Even the bath house at the campground had frozen drains so showering there wasn't even a good option.  (It would pool around your feet and the campground manager was pouring antifreeze in them to thaw them so others could shower......um.....yeah)

We spent the night in Suffolk in Aunt Judy's driveway. Papa Lee has been kind enough to store Jon's guns for him here while we were living on base.  So this morning we are regrouping, Jon is checking out of his command, reorganizing the weight under the RV, picking up the tow dolly, (we had breaks put on it and it wasn't ready yesterday) and blowing this popscicle stand!  Fingers crossed this goes well........I'm a little nervous at the weight we are towing.  Prayers please!

Like a comet pulled from orbit,
As it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder,
Halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

It well may be,
That we will never meet again,
In this lifetime.
So let me say before we part,
So much of me,
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me,
Like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end,
I know you have re-written mine,
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring,
By a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a skybird,
In a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you,
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good.

No comments: