The campground we are at has a laundry facility. However, there the washer are small and the dryers don't dry and there is one other family who is always doing laundry and I'm always stuck waiting. I got really fed up the other day and decided to try a real laundromat.
I don't think I have ever had to use a laundromat before. I think I have been in one before but never used it. In college I took my laundry home. So, today I put on my big girl panties and hit the 'mat. I went to one about a mile away and to my surprise it had a restaurant in it! It was a total greasy spoon, but they had BEER! So the beer was just Budweiser and Bud Light, but so what, there's beer and breakfast and crap food at the laundromat. Why is this not a bigger market?
There are three different size/cost washing machines at the 'mat. I was a bit perplexed on which to use so I just used the triple loader. I realized after I paid $4.50 a load (for just two loads) that I could have used the giant washer for all of it for $5.75. Then the dryers were huge and $0.25 for 4 min and it took about 30 min to dry. I spent a small fortune on laundry and only an hour of my time there. Next time I'll go an extra day and eat breakfast there or perhaps have some me time at the 'mat. It's also a great place to get in a little school for the big kids once we start homeschooling next month. Overall it was a pleasant, happy and exciting experience. I like the the laundromat. It's almost better than doing laundry at home. I got it ALL done in an hour and folded and put away as soon as I got back.
For the hour I was there it was me and Freddie and a and full of there people. Freddie entertained himself very well. Watching his bunny swirl in the washer was exciting to him as well as opening and closing the washing machine doors 3 million times, pushing around the laundry cart and playing with a lego guy that was in the bottom of my basket. His only fussy time was seeing his bunny swirl around the dryer. Again, overall not bad at all.
I do think I almost had my purse stollen though. Next time I'll leave it in my car.
My new fears are bathing Freddie and frozen freshwater hoses.
I don't think I have ever had to use a laundromat before. I think I have been in one before but never used it. In college I took my laundry home. So, today I put on my big girl panties and hit the 'mat. I went to one about a mile away and to my surprise it had a restaurant in it! It was a total greasy spoon, but they had BEER! So the beer was just Budweiser and Bud Light, but so what, there's beer and breakfast and crap food at the laundromat. Why is this not a bigger market?
There are three different size/cost washing machines at the 'mat. I was a bit perplexed on which to use so I just used the triple loader. I realized after I paid $4.50 a load (for just two loads) that I could have used the giant washer for all of it for $5.75. Then the dryers were huge and $0.25 for 4 min and it took about 30 min to dry. I spent a small fortune on laundry and only an hour of my time there. Next time I'll go an extra day and eat breakfast there or perhaps have some me time at the 'mat. It's also a great place to get in a little school for the big kids once we start homeschooling next month. Overall it was a pleasant, happy and exciting experience. I like the the laundromat. It's almost better than doing laundry at home. I got it ALL done in an hour and folded and put away as soon as I got back.
For the hour I was there it was me and Freddie and a and full of there people. Freddie entertained himself very well. Watching his bunny swirl in the washer was exciting to him as well as opening and closing the washing machine doors 3 million times, pushing around the laundry cart and playing with a lego guy that was in the bottom of my basket. His only fussy time was seeing his bunny swirl around the dryer. Again, overall not bad at all.
I do think I almost had my purse stollen though. Next time I'll leave it in my car.
My new fears are bathing Freddie and frozen freshwater hoses.

No comments:
Post a Comment