Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ballet ballet ballet ballet.....




Ella and her little friend Sydney have been taking ballet together at our YMCA for the past 6 weeks. As a member the cost of 6 weeks of ballet is only $25, $35 for non-members. Pretty much unheard of price relative to the dance studios around here. Considering she is merely 4 and has a 4 yr. old attention span and I'm pretty sure every 4 year old dreams of being a ballerina, we thought this was a great place to start. I was beyond pleased that the instructor was a running acquaintance of mine from the gym, and had no idea she was a ballerina herself, not to mention a great lady and sweet mom. For 25 bucks I expected very little but as always more than pleased with what the YMCA had to offer. I really and truly love our YMCA's in Hampton Roads...... we are so very lucky!
Anyway, parents are not allowed to be in the room with the girls during class, we can watch from the doors but it's hard. So the 6th week of class we are invited in to see the whole class. At this point I think it is more for the parents to see their little girls dance around happy to be in a tutu fulfilling their little life dream thus far. Their feet and legs are tangled most of the time but it's just darling to watch and they are truly having a blast and so happy to be there. Below are some pictures and video I captured tonight. Some of the video I took tonight was of the class dancing to "You Are My Sunshine" a song special to Ella and I. Last week she told her teacher it was our song....awwww! I nearly cry every week when they dance to it, I was pleased to get it on video today.

No comments: