In approaching Rudy's birthday tomorrow we remember the date of my mom's passing 9 years ago. A day which I can remember the moments surrounding her leaving this world as if it happened yesterday. My sister was there to watch her take her last breath and release her soul into heaven to spend eternity with our God. A moment my sister will never forget. 33 years ago on October 3rd my mom was celebrating the birth of her first born spend this day giving birth to my sister. On the 4th she celebrated her first daughter being a day old. Amazing how the days pass each year, who knows what tomorrow will be. I miss my mom, every day. I wish she could be here physically to celebrate our children's lives with us, and so I could tell her that I get it now. I understand how much she loves me and how much I love her.
Friday, October 3, 2008
One year down....
So in about 65 minutes we will strike the witching hour of the time when Rudy's adventure into our lives began one year ago. I have settled with the fact that his arrival into the world, as it was less painful than Ella's, was way more traumatic. I guess I remember celebrating Ella's first birthday feeling just as emotional as I do now. Remembering every detail of the moments leading up to his birth. I reminisce his birthday often, wishing Jon had been there yet not wanting to change a thing as it is Rudy's story, and our family's story of how we the Kalbach's came to be. Tomorrow we will celebrate with a birthday bash to celebrate his birth the "Drotleff" way:-) The theme for his party is "Rudy's First Harvest." Rudy was named after my Papa Rudy who was a well known farmer in my home town. As much as Rudy looks like Jon, there are times when I see my nephews in him as well and know fully that he has part of Papa Rudy in him. It is neat to see the mix of people we love in our children who made us who we are and too who made them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment